Friday, August 14, 2009

August 14, 2009

Okay, so today we did the Shedd Aquarium first and it took up most of the day. It was really fun.
Geoffrey & Brian by a fountain outside the aquarium


Brian and Heather in a row boat


sitting on a turtle


Notice Heather's "Muggle" shirt from the Harry Potter Exhibition gift shop from our visit on Wednesday to the Museum of Science and Industry


Geoffrey and Brian watching the Dolphins - the only thing they were still for even longer was the shark exhibit - they just stood and stared.


The entire family


After the Shedd Aquarium we went to the Sears (Willis) Tower Skydeck - on the 103rd floor!


They have a new viewing area called the ledge...it sticks out a few feet from the side of the building and is entirely clear. VERY SCARY! I couldn't actually stand out on it and look down - I am too afraid of heights. Heather actually laid down on her stomach and looked down. I get dizzy just thinking about doing that. Brent and all the kids seemed to have no problem going out on "The Ledge." The picture below wasn't actually taken on the ledge or I would've been missing from the picture. They take the pic in front of a green screen and then put the background in.

3 comments:

Stace said...

Can't wait to do all these fun things when I come visit (one day). But I don't think you could get me on THE LEDGE. That is such a fun family picture!

Roberta said...

That is TERRIFYING!

Amber said...

I'm afraid of heights...You all are so brave!! Esp. in "windy" Chicago!
Great shot from the top!

My Blog

This blog started as a way to let family and friends who don't live close to us see what was going on in our lives. It has also become a kind of family journal/scrapbook. Enjoy!