Geoffrey turned 10 on Monday June 14th which was also the first day of Cub Scout Day Camp so we celebrated his birthday on Sunday the 13th. After a dinner of chicken rolls, the birthday boy's choice, we had the cake. He wanted a basketball cake. He didn't tell me this until late Saturday night so I did my best. It's hard to tell in the picture but the icing is actually a fairly nice shade of orange.
The 1 & 0 candles just wouldn't stay upright. Apparently they need to be used on a flat cake. We had to switch to more traditional candles. Anyway, it's more fun to try to blow out 10 candles than 2.
Instead of a party Geoffrey has chosen to have his Dad take him and a friend of his choice to Six Flags. They're going to go sometime in July. I'm sure we'll be posting pictures.

1 comment:
friend of his choice, eh?...what do I have to do to get on that list :) Sounds like you've done all you can to make him have a great birthday!
Post a Comment