I mowed the lawn this morning. It's not something I normally do but our teenage daughter has mounds of homework and our oldest son seems to only be home from work when it's raining (at least for the past week or so) so I decided to take matters into my own hands today. My neighbor next door is a single (divorced) mom of 4 kids the youngest 2 of which are still at home. Let's call her Jane. Jane works hard outside and in the home and she is a sweetheart. She hasn't had a chance to mow in a couple of weeks. While I was mowing my lawn a different neighbor came out started her lawn mower and proceeded to mow Jane's lawn. By the time I finished my lawn there wasn't much left to do on Jane's lawn but I helped and we finished it quickly. I came inside and collapsed with a glass of ice water and I was feeling pretty good about helping a neighbor. Then I noticed that I could still hear a lawn mower running. The awesome neighbor who did Jane's lawn was now doing her own lawn. She mowed her neighbor's lawn first! I am impressed and I am ashamed it didn't occur to me. Next time I will do better.
2 years ago

2 comments:
Sounds like you live in a nice place.
Thank you for sharing this! Your neighbor is a wonderful example... Sometimes I can't even begin to see the end of my own nose, let alone the needs of a neighbor.
Post a Comment