Monday, May 10, 2010

My First Broken Bone...but it's kind of embarassing.

Well, for the first time in my life I broke a bone.  I broke my little toe this morning.  I was rushing to get the kids ready for school.  I had to give Geoffrey a ride because he had a large project to bring in.  I needed to brush my teeth.  The door into the master bath is a pocket door.  It was sticking out a few inches and I slammed my toe right into it.   It hurt so bad that by lunchtime I actually went to the doctor.  They did an x-ray and sure enough....it's broken.  Here is a picture of me wearing the very fashionable "shoe" they gave me to wear.  They buddy taped the toe so for now I can't show you the pretty shades of purple and blue.  They asked me if I wanted crutches and I said NO!  It would be too embarrassing to use crutches just for a broken pinky toe.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

wow--a house burning down and broken bones? what's the Lord teaching you?
Always be prepared with a manicure and pedicure just in case you take an emergency picture for the blog:)

Tanners said...

so is it okay that i giggled at this post? sorry about the broken toe.

Stephanee said...

Kerri - You made me laugh. I got the pedicure before going to UT. It's a rare treat - I usually do my nails myself. I actually thought how glad I was I had gotten a pedicure while my foot was being examined by the doctor and then handled by the x-ray technician.

Nicolina - yes, it's okay you laughed. I have laughed about it several times already.

Stace said...

OMG!

Roberta said...

In a sick way it is funny.

My Blog

This blog started as a way to let family and friends who don't live close to us see what was going on in our lives. It has also become a kind of family journal/scrapbook. Enjoy!