Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 7, 2010 - The Fan that Almost Burned our House Down

Shortly after 1:00 am the morning of May 7th I woke up due to a loud noise.  Then I heard Christian coming out of his room.  I went out to see if he was okay and he had his flaming fan in his hand.  He was carrying it into the bathroom.  I woke Brent up saying "Brent!  Christian's fan is on FIRE!"  By the time Brent got the fan out the front door the flames were a few inches high (maybe even 6 inches high).  Thanks to Christian's and Brent's quick thinking the fan was the only casualty.  Christian's room still smells a bit like smoke but there's not even one burn spot on the rugs or anywhere. 

I hardly slept the rest of the night.  I kept thinking about what could've happened....if it had caught fire during the day when no one was home (Christian frequently forgets to turn it off when he leaves and I end up noticing later in the day and then turning it off myself) or if it hadn't made the loud noise and Christian died of smoke inhalation before waking up, etc.   The thunderstorms that started shortly after didn't help me sleep either.

We are very thankful that we asked to sleep safely when we said our family prayer before going to bed that night.

 

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Wow! I'm sure glad I read this tonight. THANK YOU for being safe, and THANK YOU to the Holy Ghost that allowed everyone to awaken and be Safe!

My Blog

This blog started as a way to let family and friends who don't live close to us see what was going on in our lives. It has also become a kind of family journal/scrapbook. Enjoy!