Monday, September 28, 2009

Update

Here is a picture of Heather at another Cross Country Meet. She is Fischer Middle School and they competed against 2 other Middle Schools: Granger and Scullen. Heather continues to improve and is having fun.

I don't have any more pictures but thought you might like to know what's been going on in our lives. Brian is well into his first football season and is really starting to love it. His team is 3-1. Brian is doing well in first grade. We got a progress report that said he talks a little too much and needs to work on following directions the first time they are given (I hear the teacher on that one!) Other than those 2 areas he is doing great.

Geoffrey is doing well in 4th grade. His progress report said that he needed to work on being better organized but that he was also very kind and giving. Geoff has struggled with a virus the past couple weeks. He developed a secondary infection that required antibiotic. He still has a cough but is otherwise back to normal. He missed the last 2 weeks of soccer and is looking forward to getting back out on the playing field - then I will finally be able to take some pictures. Geoffrey is also in Cub Scouts still and loves it!

Heather is doing well in 7th grade. Her grades are all A's and B's. Besides running Cross Country she is very active in our church youth group as well. She LOVES to read and I frequently catch her up reading when she should be asleep.

Christian is a Senior this year and is enjoying it. He is getting ready to start applying to colleges. (Yikes! Am I that old already?!) He has grown into a wonderful young man. Brent has to keep reminding me that I am really more of a coach now. I can't just dictate to Christian like I do the younger kids. I'm learning.

Brent and I are doing well. Brent is very busy at work and we give thanks in our prayers that he is still gainfully employed in this economy. For those of you familiar with our church I until recently was the Primary Teacher for the 3-4 year olds and I was the Cub Scout Committee Chair. I am now the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society (RS is the organization for all the women 18 and older).

1 comment:

Roberta said...

I LOVE that Heather is running! I love her uniform too. One day she will be a track star! I love the update on the family.

My Blog

This blog started as a way to let family and friends who don't live close to us see what was going on in our lives. It has also become a kind of family journal/scrapbook. Enjoy!