Monday, October 13, 2008

Oct 13, 2008 - Hike with Grandpa

Grandpa (my dad) took my kids and Hans - 5 of his grandchildren - on a hike to a fire tower today. I did not go - I had errands to run in order to prepare for moving to Illinois.

Heather and Brian at the top of the steps - it's a 90 foot tower.



All 5 kids at the top.

Heather checking out the fall foliage.

Hans on his way down. They all said that going down was easier than going up.

Heather and Brian again - Heather was Brian's helper on the steps. He was a little bit nervous.

Still going down.

Brian on the last 2 steps while Geoffrey, Hans and Heather wait for him.

I LOVE this picture. From bottom to top it is Brian, Hans, Geoffrey, Heather and Christian.

A glance back up at the tower.

This went in about 15 feet. Like an old root cellar or something.

Heather, Brian, Geoffrey and Hans playing on a big pipe.

1 comment:

Roberta said...

That looks soooooo scary! I am petrified of heights!

My Blog

This blog started as a way to let family and friends who don't live close to us see what was going on in our lives. It has also become a kind of family journal/scrapbook. Enjoy!