Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Relief Society Christmas Party decorations - Dec 1, 2011

I was in charge of the decorations for my church's Relief Society (R.S. is all the women 18 and older) Christmas Party.  Actually I was over the entire party but I have the best committee EVER helping me and my specific assignment was the decorations.  My amazing/wonderful/spectacular husband helped too.  He basically strung all the lights across the gym, saw to all our technology needs and then helped with clean-up.  He's the BEST!  Here are some pictures I took after we were done setting up but before anyone started arriving.  Our theme was the music of Christmas.

Many thanks to Brian T. who painted our carolers for us
 
 
 
 


We asked everyone who came to bring 3 dozen cookies.  By the end of the evening we had 4 tables full of different kinds of cookies.  Everyone got to eat all the cookies they wanted to for dessert and then all got to bring home a plate of 2 dozen assorted cookies.  Yum!  Yum!


We made up a booklet of 25 Christmas songs which included the history of each song (one for each day Dec 1st-25th ).  We sang a few of them as part of our program.  Everyone got to keep their booklet as our gift to them.
 
 


The hot cocoa bar was a smash hit!  We may have to start doing it every year.
 
 

1 comment:

Tanners said...

Wow! Great job! I may have to steal your idea of the hot chocolate bar, if ever I'm put on the commitee of a Christmas Party. Coolest idea ever!

My Blog

This blog started as a way to let family and friends who don't live close to us see what was going on in our lives. It has also become a kind of family journal/scrapbook. Enjoy!