Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Brian - Oct 16, 2011

Brian turned 9 yesterday.  He got what he wanted for his birthday dinner - "a turkey dinner just like Thanksgiving."  When I tucked him in to bed last night he said that he'd had a great day. 





While in Costco last month Brian saw a sheet cake with an icing rainbow and he said that for his birthday he wanted a rainbow cake.  I told him that we couldn't buy a rainbow cake but that I was pretty sure I could make a rainbow cake that he'd like even better.  After seeing the cake I made he agreed that it was better.  Of course after the huge turkey dinner we'd just eaten no one could finish their slice of cake (even though we waited about 1.5 hours after dinner before we served it).

2 comments:

Ben and Linda Lee said...

Love the cake. Was each layer flavored? What fun!! Nine. that's pretty crazy.

Stephanee said...

We just used white cake mix and food coloring - no extra flavoring. It was fun.

My Blog

This blog started as a way to let family and friends who don't live close to us see what was going on in our lives. It has also become a kind of family journal/scrapbook. Enjoy!