We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. It was just the 5 of us: Me, Brent, Heather, Geoffrey and Brian. We missed Christian immensely but he was with my 2 sisters and their families and also my parents who went to UT for the holiday. (We did skype them after dinner.) We did our annual tradition that everyone could eat as much pie as they wanted until about 12:00 Noon and then all eating stops until dinner is ready. The turkey took a bit longer to cook than we thought so we didn't eat until about 5:30 or 6pm. We were so hungry by then that I did not get a chance to take a picture of the turkey before it was carved up. I forgot to take pictures while we were eating as well. We had fun going around the table and listening to each person say what they were thankful for. It was a great day. Here are a few pics that I did take.
Lemon Meringue and Oreo Cookie Crumb
Banana bread and Buttermilk white bread
French Silk pie (choc mousse) and Peanut Butter Cup

2 comments:
While our family was gathered around Rice Krispies, I announced to Steve, "The Stratfords are eating pie right now."
A twinge of jealousy may have settled in at that point.
At 8:45 AM my camera broke. Fell off the table. Wouldn't turn on. Tried all day long expecting something different. Never changed. Spent the night scouring through black Friday sales to buy a new one in the morning, to only find that around 11 PM, it finally turned back on. For me: Good news that my camera wasn't broken; bad news that we don't have any Tday pics either.
That oreo pie looks sooooo good! Where was that last year? Will you email me your email address? I deleted my whole address book.
Post a Comment