Friday was Brian's birthday. He had a tough day that day. He came home from school on Thursday not feeling well. By Friday morning he was running a fever of around 100 or 101. He was not happy about staying home on his birthday. Christian babysat after school on Friday so that I could go to Heather's cross country meet and then to Geoffrey's soccer game. By the time Brent and I got home it was about 7pm and Brian was really burning up even though he was on Motrin. His fever had spiked to 104.4. We went straight to the walk-in clinic at our Doctor's office. Brian was diagnosed with a suspected case of swine flu. Previous to getting sick Brian had requested turkey for his birthday dinner. We got home from the doctor and finished preparing his dinner and sat down to eat at about 8:15 or so at night - very late for us. I had purchased a small ice-cream cake for after the family dinner and here we are singing happy birthday to him.
The rest of have been snacking on the cake that was supposed to be for his birthday party with all his friends on Saturday.

1 comment:
SO sad that he got the swine flu on his birthday! Glad no one else got it. Fingers crossed. Wish I was there to eat all your cake.
Post a Comment