I was in the driveway of the elementary school dropping off Brian and Geoffrey for school. I was still pulling in when all of a sudden it was like the car was in neutral and I was just revving the engine...but the car was still in Drive!? I went down to 1st gear and still got nothing. I went down to Low and the car started to move forward again. I stopped to let the kids out and then tried to go forward again...again only the lowest gear would work. So, I drove home in low gear and called Aamco. As you can see from the picture it's not good news. The car had to be towed to the Aamco so as to not risk any further damage. It's going to cost about $3000 (OUCH!) to fix the car. We don't want to buy a new car right now so we're doing it. It's still a great car and we don't want a car payment right now. The last time we had some work done on that car our NY mechanic told us that if we continue to take care of it it'll probably last to 250,000 miles. (It has about 108,000 miles now.) Our Christmas shopping budget has been wiped out but luckily I had some of it done already.
2 comments:
That picture is hilarious when you step back and look, but it is not funny when you pay that $3000 bill!. That is really bad news.
I'm sorry to hear about your car. That really stinks. I thought having to buy a new dryer this time of year was bad but it doesn't even come close to what you have to pay.
Post a Comment