Well what a weekend we had this past weekend. Brent was supposed to fly home from Chicago on Thursday night. Late afternoon on Thursday he found out that he was going to have to stay in Chicago through the entire weekend. So........the kids and I drove to Chicago and spent the weekend there. I did not sleep at all on Thursday night. As soon as the decision had been made I rushed to do laundry and pack (for myself and 3 of the kids). By the time I was done it was almost 1 am. I decided that it would be worse to sleep for only a couple hours than to just stay up. I showered, put clean clothes on, rolled the kids out of bed into the car and we were on our way by 1:45am. I forgot to pack the camera so I only have 2 pictures to post which I took with my cellphone. We didn't really do any sightseeing. We stayed at the Chicago Hilton in a 2 bedroom suite - it was the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in - we had 4 bathrooms! Grant Park was right across the street from the hotel. We had a wonderful view of Lake Michigan. On Saturday and Sunday night we got to see a fireworks show put on out on the lake by Navy Pier. We enjoyed the hotel pool and hot tub. We went and looked at a few homes that were for sale and we got to see Brent which was the real reason we went in the first place. Our kids don't start school until Thursday Sept 4th so we were able to wait until Tuesday afternoon so that Brent could drive home with us. I was relieved to not have to drive home by myself. We got home to NY at about 4:00am on Wednesday morning.
Here we are in front of Buckingham Memorial Fountain in Grant Park.

Here it is at night. Every hour on the hour for 20 minutes the fountain produces a major water display and the center jet shoots 150 feet into the air. At night the water display is added to with lights and music. We could see the fountain from our hotel room windows even though it was a short distance away - we were on the 14th floor. Every so often one of the kids would glance out the window and yell out "the fountain's going off again!"

No comments:
Post a Comment