Today I was chatting on the phone with my mom and was walking around the kitchen while doing so. I looked out the back door and froze.....there was a robin in the backyard. It's only Feb 22nd - what's going on?! After finishing talking I hung up the phone and went back to look again and I counted 5 robins in the backyard. They really aren't supposed to be back yet. It's too soon. Then I started looking around and saw that the tree closest to our deck is starting to bud and flowers are starting to grow. This is really bad because if the trees bloom and have leaves and then we have a snowstorm lots of branches are going to come down. And if the perennials start to grow and then we have a cold snap they will die. I really hope that mother nature knows what she's doing.
 |
| Can you see the buds forming on our tree? |
|
 |
| our flowers starting to sprout |
1 comment:
I miss that. I loved driving thru Oakhurst and seeing the trees bloom. I heard the birds the other day too. This winter was so mild.
Post a Comment