Saturday, August 9, 2008

We went to an ice-cream social at our church this evening. Had lots
of fun. Here is Heather about to get her face painted.

My brother Phil and his wife Heather.

There was quite a watermelon eating contest.
You were not allowed to use your hands.
Here is Geoffrey right before it starts.

And they're off.....

Brian is on Geoffrey's right.

They're really into it now. I would note that the watermelons were not seedless.

Neither Geoffrey nor Brian won the contest but it was lots of fun.

My nephew, Hans, getting his face painted.

And now it's time for the men!
My brother, Phil, is in the black shirt.




The last event was the water balloon toss.
Here is Geoffrey catching the toss from his friend
and partner Caleb. They came in 3rd Place.

Brian about to make a toss.

Heather about to catch a toss from her Dad. They actually won the contest.

Heather tossing to her Dad.

Some spectators (my Mom and my Aunt).

Me, walking to the car. It was a fun evening.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

Love the new post! Keep em comin. Yes, I totally agree with you it is so great to view eachother's blogs. I feel so included in your life, that just because we are far apart I still know what is going on and can see the kids grow. Looks like you had so much fun at the party! Love ya!

Stace said...

I loved seeing all these pictures. Wish I was there. Thanks for the post.

My Blog

This blog started as a way to let family and friends who don't live close to us see what was going on in our lives. It has also become a kind of family journal/scrapbook. Enjoy!